Friday, October 28, 2011

The ways to describe

There are probably a few ways to describe you how it is here in Nicaragua. Those ways would take me hours of writing, but hey, hold on a sec. A few things I saw could reveal just the top of the iceberg of feelings which come up to me now.
So after 15 hours of flights, difficult connections (ie. no ground personal showed up to operate the 'airplane arm' to get off the plane for more than an hour and WHAT I need dollars to pass the border?!) and having this idea of "and what the hell am I going to do know?" I somehow ended up in a half-empty old school american yellow school bus heading towards Leon. I am surrounded by poverty, every second there is a sales person coming on the bus to sell water, bread or some weird fruit. All of a sudden I see that, while the bus is driving, its shadow reveals that in the meantime a guy is working on the bus to cut the trees which are hanging low over the highway. Now that is comodality! You have to know that this guy is working on a bunch of matresses, since the bus is also used as a semi-truck for transportation goals. When it starts raining softly, I open the window, and then the first splashes of cool water make me realise my world trip really got off. I am in a god damn poor country, where stand alone travellers drink beers together and where individuals are planning to go out in a city where I had to take the bike-taxi to reach the hostel. Life is great, fellows, I hope you feel it. Peace out.
Dimitri

4 comments:

This is Belgium said...

Yup, feel it !! super first report!

Anonymous said...

Respect, man! Let your joie-de-vivre enlighten the world, and have a safe journey! Peace and love,

Nekoda Knox

Joachim said...

Naar arme landen trekken op zoek naar een verrijking. Terecht!
Geniet er van.

Anonymous said...

Goe Bezig
Warren D