Friday, November 11, 2011

El bus esta muy loco, wtf!

While reading "appointment in milano" by Warren Decko, I suddenly stare out of the window as the salsa CD in the bus hits another up-tempo track, flirting with the punta-music I recently discovered. I remember your mail talking about neverending hikes through the forest in Wallonia. I smile. Here, the tree leaves seem to keep their greenish colours all the year, supported by hot sunrays and rainy late afternoons. The bus drives ridiculously fast, as the driver were competing with the bus just ahead, sometimes vice-versa. Actually, I realise myself, they áre.
When the bus drops me off in Juigalpa around 11:00 am, I grab a tasty dish with a Calalas drink, € 2,7. Apparently there is only one bus to San Carlos, and la jente tell me it will pass between 13:00 and 15:00. Of course, it is around 15:00.
When the bus passes (it actually never stopped), I had to jump through the backdoor while throwing my backpack into yet another pounding discoteca bus. The scene could have been stolen from a cheap American action movie. What an entrée, I laugh about it.
At some moments during the 3h trip, the bus is so full that the backdoor next to me has to stay open because some Nicas have to hang out of the bus to reach the 300% capacity limit. The road is bumpy and terrible. Although this is a 'highway', there is only one (and a half) lane. At the same time, road works are going on. Neglecting all of that, the busdriver sticks to German rules: drive as fast as you can. This is insane. Again a race with another bus. I love truck races, but I do not like rally with busses full of people at 100 km/h on unpaved roads.
When the front bus manager yells, the backdoor manager next to me opens the door and throws some bags or random bulk out of the vehicle in the middle of the road.
When Shakira calls 'rabiosa' through the surround speakers, my memories fly to the Brasilian party place in Brussels, and I have to think about you again. I hate but love these rusty yellow busses; they make me dream away while I'm having the time of my life.

1 comment:

this is Belgium said...

loco story !! gorgeous colorful pictures ! tell me more about that appointment in milano by warren dekko book you are reading.. it must be special if you took it on your world trip ! ;-) keep well and enjoy!